cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with sbRIO at first start

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

we got a problem with our new sbRIO's. If the sbRIO power supply is turned on and if you search for c-series modules you get the message "the session is invalid". If you try again it works and you could repeat it without a problem. But if you turn the power supply off and on again the will get the error again when you first try to detect the modules.

Network connection problem - detecting c-series modules.jpg

Also you get the message "the session is invalid" when you try to run the fpga VI for the first time after you turned on the power supply. After that there are no more problems.

Network connection problem - start FPGA programm.jpg

So there must be some kind of problem with the network connection or the configuration of the sbRIO's.

Here some more information:

-the firewall is off

-the problem occures on both our sbRIO's

-with another NI 9024 there are no such problems with the fpga VI after the startup

Hope you can help me with this problem.

Greetings Marc

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,305 Views)

Does this really happen because it's the first time, or because you do it directly after start up?

IIRC, the HW might need 10 seconds to get started. So, do you get the error when you wait 10 sec. and then do the search?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,196 Views)

Hi, please take a look at this knowledge base: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B746EA10EA65BE894825733D006BEA8F

It should help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,189 Views)

Hi,

I tried both your suggestions but unfortunately neither helped with problem. I waited 3 min after power up and the error (session is invalid) is showing up again.

Also I increased the RPC Timeout values like stockson suggested it (doubled all the timeout values) but problem is still the same.

Any other suggestion how to solve this problem?

Many thanks

bominze

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,174 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bominze

Are you using the newest LabVIEW and drivers?

Is the sbRIO connected to the PC via a router or switch?

Does the error appear if you connect a single sbRIO directly to the PC?

Does the error appear if you use static IP settings?

Can you ping the sbRIOs without issues?

Message 5 of 6
(3,154 Views)

many thanks stockson, the solution was to use static ip's

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,140 Views)