From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with chart : LV 7.1, 8.6 and 2010

Hello

I have a problem when I am trying to plot a 2d array in a chart with stacking plots. The LV crashes (the 2010 just disappears, 8.6 is saying that there is a problem...) . I get this problem on two different computers with all versions I have LV 7.1, 8.6 and LV 2010. Please find attached here a demo vi showing the problem (one for LV 8.6 and the same in LV 2010).

Run the vi, then select stacking plot, expand the Legends and try to write a name for the new Y scale (then please tell me what is going on).

thanks

N

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,406 Views)

Hello,

I don't understand what happen on your computer because I downloaded your vi (LV2010) and I followed the steps and I could change all the Y scale and all the others properties.

Could you try to run the different steps on a computer where only LabVIEW 2010 or LabVIEW 8.6 is installed?

David S.| Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer
National Instruments France

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,382 Views)

Hi

I figure that this must be related to my computers (XP, both of them, or maybe with the language ?; french) otherwise all the people would complain about this (it is very annoying for me !).

I will check this on an old computer and let you know !

Thanks for the answer.

N

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,370 Views)

If you prefer, you can speak in french. I'm a french Application Engineer.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,365 Views)

hi

it's not that i need to speak in french, my computers are in french and this might have been the source of a bizarre character bug which I described here and to which the only solution was to upgrade. I am wondering if the OS is the source of the problem I encounter now... I systematically crash all version of LV I have, when trying to add a Legend on a chart with a 2D plot.

N

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,358 Views)

The OS of my computer is in French to and I don't have any issue to add a Legend on a chart with a 2D plot. I think it's not because of the OS. Please try to install only one version of LV on your computer.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,327 Views)