LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Queues

Solved!
Go to solution

I have two sensors on a conveyor system that will determine if an object needs to be rejected or not. Another sensor is located 80 cm away where the object will be kicked off the conveyor belt. I was told to use queues but haven't had any luck so far. Could someone explain how they work, and if possible, post a sample code roughly relating to my conveyor system? Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,867 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author wizzy90sfu

Think of a queue as a line at the movie theater. As people come up they get in line. When the person selling tickets is ready they will get the first person in line and sell them a ticket. As more people arive they will get in the end of the line. This process will continue until there is no one left in line. The ticket seller will always take the person at the front of the line and new people will be placed at the end of the line.

There are examples that ship with LabVIEW illustrating how to use queues. Use the example finder and search for queues.

As for your particular situation more detail would be needed in order to give better advice.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
Message 2 of 2
(1,863 Views)