LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smoke alarm

I need help on how to create a program on how to make a smoke alarm detect there is fire and show it on labview and use that signal to trigger another signal to put up the fire. I already create a program on detect the fire and show on labview but i dont no how to use that signal to triger another. Thanks for the help
Message 1 of 22
(3,265 Views)

How are you detecting the alarm? What hardware are you using with this application?

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified Professional Instructor
Message 2 of 22
(3,264 Views)
I use the smoke alarm model EI100b. I use the buzzer output to sent signal to the labview. Is there away to do so?
Message 3 of 22
(3,259 Views)

How is this signal getting to LabVIEW? What hardware are you using?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22
(3,256 Views)
I use the output of the buzzer when it detect smoke the buzzer will have an output voltage. That voltage to send signal. Im using NI Elvis2+
Message 5 of 22
(3,248 Views)

Ok. Depending on what you need to run the other device, the NI Elvis board has (I beleive) an analog output port as well as some Digital outputs.  Depending on what voltage is needed to run the other device you might need to create an Op Amp circuit to increase the voltage as needed.  Since its an NI elvis board, creating that circuit shouldnt be a problem 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22
(3,216 Views)

Original message thread

How do I connect a smoke alarm to LabVIEW

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22
(3,211 Views)

Thanks RavensFan

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22
(3,209 Views)
I want to send signal to turn on a relay. So is it possible? and do i still need to create the op amp? Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22
(3,168 Views)

Anything is possible, you need the hardware to do it.  You can use an opamp circuit, or you can buy an NI relay card.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22
(3,153 Views)