LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with ImaqDX DLL

Solved!
Go to solution

Good morning, I have a problem here that i hope you can help me to solve. I had made a downgrade from the vision acquisition software 2016 to 2014 for licensing problem. After i had done that i cannot use the ImaqDX function, in particular the open camera vi broke on execution with error: 

NI-IMAQdx: (Hex 0xBFF69024) The DLL could not be found.

I already tried to repair and then to unistall and reinstall back the VAS 2014. Hope that someone have an idea, i'm in trobule here.

Thanks in advance,

Francesco.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,480 Views)

Few points to check
-Check in MAX what version of IMAQdx installed.
-In NI License Manager check whether license is activated.
-Anti-Virus/Firewalls off?
-Did you install exactly corresponding Drivers 2014?(Double check again)
-What version of OS and LabVIEW you have installed currently?

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,468 Views)

- Imaq dx Version Runtime:14.0.0, Development: 14.0.0

- Vision Acq. Soft. Activated

- Av/Firwall off

- I had installed VAS_2014_08_F1

- Windows 7 64 bit and Labview 2014 32 bit

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,455 Views)

If possible can u send the screenshot of error?

-Did you try in NI MAX and Vision Assistant?

-Do you have niimaqdx.dll in C:\Windows\System32 if not i think the installation was corrupted.

-Try copying above file from other system and try.

-Final option could be to completely uninstall and install again including all toolkits and LabVIEW.

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,450 Views)

Here the Scrennshot in Labview:Error.png

and from MAX and Vision Assistant:

Error2.png

- I have niimaqdx.dll Version 15.5.0f1 and niimaqdxk.dll Version 14.0.0 Could this be the problem?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,440 Views)
Solution
Accepted by FM82

Yes, this could definitely be the problem.

In the past, I've had numerous occasions when I needed to go back to using an earlier version of LabVIEW, including the drivers.  After several days of fruitless effort, I (always) ended up (a) uninstalling LabVIEW, (b) manually cleaning the Registry of National Instruments and LabVIEW-related entries, (c) removing NI Files and Folders from my system drive, and (d) doing a careful re-install.  In the most intractable cases, I start by reformatting the hard drive ...

Now, I no longer do this -- I either build a VM (if I'm only doing Development work) and do an install of a single LabVIEW Version or scrounge a spare PC for the effort.

Bob Schor

Message 6 of 6
(5,433 Views)