From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with ImaqDX DLL

Solved!
Go to solution

Good morning, I have a problem here that i hope you can help me to solve. I had made a downgrade from the vision acquisition software 2016 to 2014 for licensing problem. After i had done that i cannot use the ImaqDX function, in particular the open camera vi broke on execution with error: 

NI-IMAQdx: (Hex 0xBFF69024) The DLL could not be found.

I already tried to repair and then to unistall and reinstall back the VAS 2014. Hope that someone have an idea, i'm in trobule here.

Thanks in advance,

Francesco.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,529 Views)

Few points to check
-Check in MAX what version of IMAQdx installed.
-In NI License Manager check whether license is activated.
-Anti-Virus/Firewalls off?
-Did you install exactly corresponding Drivers 2014?(Double check again)
-What version of OS and LabVIEW you have installed currently?

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,517 Views)

- Imaq dx Version Runtime:14.0.0, Development: 14.0.0

- Vision Acq. Soft. Activated

- Av/Firwall off

- I had installed VAS_2014_08_F1

- Windows 7 64 bit and Labview 2014 32 bit

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,504 Views)

If possible can u send the screenshot of error?

-Did you try in NI MAX and Vision Assistant?

-Do you have niimaqdx.dll in C:\Windows\System32 if not i think the installation was corrupted.

-Try copying above file from other system and try.

-Final option could be to completely uninstall and install again including all toolkits and LabVIEW.

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,499 Views)

Here the Scrennshot in Labview:Error.png

and from MAX and Vision Assistant:

Error2.png

- I have niimaqdx.dll Version 15.5.0f1 and niimaqdxk.dll Version 14.0.0 Could this be the problem?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,489 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author FM82

Yes, this could definitely be the problem.

In the past, I've had numerous occasions when I needed to go back to using an earlier version of LabVIEW, including the drivers.  After several days of fruitless effort, I (always) ended up (a) uninstalling LabVIEW, (b) manually cleaning the Registry of National Instruments and LabVIEW-related entries, (c) removing NI Files and Folders from my system drive, and (d) doing a careful re-install.  In the most intractable cases, I start by reformatting the hard drive ...

Now, I no longer do this -- I either build a VM (if I'm only doing Development work) and do an install of a single LabVIEW Version or scrounge a spare PC for the effort.

Bob Schor

Message 6 of 6
(5,482 Views)