From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Daq relative time

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

i'm a beginner and i've a problem (maybe stupid...) with the test bench control i'm realizing. 

Using a Daq (and the NI USB-6211) i acquire 2 analog signals (torque and rpm) and i use them  to calculate speed, power, etc. After the computation i put all the values in a queue and, optionally, i save them on disk.

The VI works but i've a problem with the time: i want a relative visualization starting from 0 but the daq reset every time it acquires 100 (or whatever is inserted in "buffer size") samples... So in the the x-axis i've 0, .... ,0.0999, 0, ...... ,0.099 and so on. How can i obtain what i want? I really don't understand what i have to do and i will very thakful to everyone will help me.

I attach my VI ( I use labview 10). Thanks.

Best regards,

Alessandro 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,158 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bekoki

Hi,

First, you have to change the display format properties of your X-Axisto display Relative Time datas.

Then, the issue is that DAQmx returns datas correlated to 1st January 1904 as a reference in time. The only way I know to workaround this is to substract the time of your VI start:

Start at Zero with Relative Time Using Waveform Data in Charts

Regards,

Olivier L. | Certified LabVIEW Developer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,146 Views)

Hi Olivier,

sorry for the delay but i had other works to do. I read the link, i followed your suggestions and now it works: thanks a lot! Smiley Happy

Now i'll try to make the vi more efficient and well-edited. 

Best regards,

Alessandro

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,116 Views)