From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Actor FrameWork Need Help

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey guys I made a big issue for myself.  I hope that a solution to my problem can be found.

First I am somewhat new to actor framework and have been working on my first serious actor.

I created a message for a method - auto generated.

I realized that I forget to tie the control to the terminal for method input after i generated the message.

Rather than rewrite the message (I was unaware of the ability to re-script message at the time) I deleted it from the library with the intent to regenerate it.  

After attempting to regenerate it I got an error.

I then used SVN to roll back.

Now all my actors are broken because it seems that the dependencies beyond the scope of my project file (actor core framework stuff) have a working memory of what my actors used to look like and behave.  This is what my initial suspicions are.

This is a problem as it seems now that my only solution is to start over from scratch which would in my opinion be somewhat disastrous.

Is there a way I can fix this?

Thanks,

Shawn B.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,346 Views)

Did you delete the message from the library in the project, or on disk?

Without seeing your project, its difficult to give concrete help. One thing that may be helpful - close out of your project completely, and just open the actor library. Depending on the conflict type, it may be easier to fix there. 

Message 2 of 4
(2,338 Views)

Alright so after the dust settled I did manage to stop the class from being 'broken'.

When i reverted my changes I did keep the old message .lvlib on disk and added that into the library.  

The .lvlib that holds the actor and the message classes did not say it was missing anything.  Can someone confirm to me that when it comes to actors that this information is also stored somewhere else?

I as because when I was looking at the conflicts it was pointing me to 'Receive Message.vi'.

this is from the actor framework in the vi.lib folder.  Is this modified when adding actors and actor messages?

I appreciate the response.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,334 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MrShawn

@MrShawn wrote:

Alright so after the dust settled I did manage to stop the class from being 'broken'.

When i reverted my changes I did keep the old message .lvlib on disk and added that into the library.  

The .lvlib that holds the actor and the message classes did not say it was missing anything.  Can someone confirm to me that when it comes to actors that this information is also stored somewhere else?

I as because when I was looking at the conflicts it was pointing me to 'Receive Message.vi'.

this is from the actor framework in the vi.lib folder.  Is this modified when adding actors and actor messages?

I appreciate the response.

I assumed there was a conflict or a library missing elements, but that may not have been the case.

No - creating actors should not modify the actor framework. However, sometimes errors in your child actors will look like errors in the framework - you can break many of the root Actor Framework methods by having broken actors in your project. If you arent familiar with using LVOOP, it may be difficult to find your code that is broken - to see what is actually broken, scroll to the top error in your error list dialog box. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,326 Views)