From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in segregating the data from array

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear all,

I am getting the data from different analog and digital channel and continuously storing it in the array. 

I want to segregate channel wise data. Please refer attached image.

First three are analog then rest two are boolean then repeat.

can I separate the yellow data in some register, where next value can overwrite the previous one.. and so on for rest of the data.

Please find attachment 

Thanks in advance 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,695 Views)

Use Reshape Array to turn it into a 2D array so that each row contains a set of readings.  Then you can just use Index Array to get the column(s) you care about.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 6
(2,669 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author suyash.barodiya

Decimate array, extended to a total of 5 elements, will have the yellow data in the first output and the red data in the second output.

I don't know if this is faster than reshape followed by index. Do a benchmark and let us know!

CLA - Kudos is how we show our appreciation for comments that helped us!
Message 3 of 6
(2,642 Views)

Hi suyash,

after going through some basic LabVIEW lessons you should be able to get to the very basic "index array elements in a loop approach":

check.png

(ReshapeArray and DecimateArray will also solve your problem, probably in a more optimized way. But still then you should understand the code you are writing…)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 6
(2,630 Views)

@MaxJoseph wrote:

Decimate array, extended to a total of 5 elements, will have the yellow data in the first output and the red data in the second output.

I don't know if this is faster than reshape followed by index. Do a benchmark and let us know!

From a scalability perspective, the reshape is better.  The Decimate 1D Array forces you to a set number of channels at compile time.  The Reshape Array allows me to define how many channels at runtime (more scalable).

However, if I had to guess I would say the Decimate 1D Array would likely be faster.  Need benchmarks to prove it.  I may be surprised.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 5 of 6
(2,623 Views)

Hello Every one,

Thank you very much for providing me the solution.

All the options are working but decimate array worked for me. I do not have waste knowledge of LabVIEW but in may case i have seen that option of reshaping array is faster than decimate array, but still we need some experts review on it.

Have a great day Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,589 Views)