From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem getting correct graph data

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, i'm currently on an internship and I have to create an interface in LabVIEW for a Rohde & Schwarz ZVL network analyzer.

The majority of the program works like it should, only retrieving the correct graph data seems to be a problem.

I'm getting images on my screen but the data does not correspond with the data on the device.

the device is connected to the computer using a GPIB bus, we use labview 2012 and labview 7 (the end program has to be in labview 7).

I think the problem lies with the VI that retrieves the data from the machine: (rszvl sweep)

bloksketotaal.png 

explanation of the VI: 

rszvlresponseblok.png

Here i have 2 images of the network analyzer, these images are correct and the goal is to get these on my computer in labview. (the second one is just a flat line)

11.png22.png

Now here are a few of the creations i get in labview...

a.pngb.png

c.pngd.png

I have also attached the complete VI

Should more information be required, please ask me 

thanks in advance,

Thomas V

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20
(3,619 Views)

Hello Thomas,

what is the version of the ZVL LabVIEW driver you are using?

Milo

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20
(3,592 Views)

for our 2012 labview we used the labVIEW 8.2 version found on this page http://www.rohde-schwarz.com/en/driver/zvl13/

for Labview 7 we asked for a custom version because this was no longer available at their site. 

link to custom version: http://www3.rohde-schwarz.com/www/FileTranCS.nsf/alias/ZVL_LabVIEW7?OpenDocument

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(3,577 Views)

Instead of rszvl Get Trace Response Single Sweep Data.vi use rszvl Get Trace Response Data.vi with unformatted data. No math needed.

See the example if necessary.

Cheers,

Milo

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20
(3,558 Views)

ok thanks for the swift reply, i will try that now

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20
(3,546 Views)

thanks, now we figured out how to get the correct trace data on our graphs.

One more question, in 25% of the cases an query interrupted is generated in the trace response block and I have no idea where it comes from.

This causes the program to fail or false graphs to be generated.

I have already mailed to the rohde & schwarz support team, they tested my VI and the problem didn't occur there...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20
(3,538 Views)

You get Query_interupted error if you send one query and during the waiting for the response you're sending another query or command. Use NI Spy to trace the occurence.

Milo

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
(3,531 Views)

Thank you for the reply, I have tried to adjust some of the timeout settings to prevent this.

However it keeps occurring.

I have attached some of the spy files where the query interrupted shows up, would it be possible to have a quick look at them?

As we're having trouble interpreting the spy files.

Thanks in advance,

Thomas V.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(3,523 Views)

Hi,

from the NI spy log file I don't see anything suspicios. Did the program stop with error at the place where log file ended?

Milo

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(3,497 Views)

No, we've programmed it that IF the program encounters an error whilst retrieving the graph data it renews it and takes a new measurement. This works most of the time, but in about 20% of the cases it generates a "false graph".

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20
(3,494 Views)