LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem connecting two PC's on lan

Solved!
Go to solution

i wanted to connect two PC's using lan via TCP protocol. I run simple data client and simple data server on my PC. But when I open simple data server on my PC and simple data client on other PC then error 63 occurs which I think is serial overflow buffer error.tell me what i'll do. is it necessary to configure TCP listen by double clicking it and give some values to it??? i am new at networking so cant debug the error.plz tell me what to do????Also what changes do I need in VI server????Which port number I have to enter???

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 21
(2,711 Views)

Serial buffer overflow makes no sense because you are doing anything with the serial port.  Look at the error message again and you'll see there is a second possibility of "The network connection was refused by the server."  That seems likely.

Did you start running the Data Server VI first like the instructions on the front panel say?  If the server is not running, then there is nothing there to accept the connection.

Message 2 of 21
(2,703 Views)
Also make sure the windows firewall is not blocking the incoming connection. You can use any port ypu want for listening, with the restriction that it is not currently in use by another program. Make sure the client uses the same port.
Message 3 of 21
(2,695 Views)
Also VI server has nothing to do with what you are trying to accomplish. You might want to take a look at your firewall settings.
=====================
LabVIEW 2012

Message 4 of 21
(2,694 Views)
Christian beat me by seconds only because I'm typing on a phone 🙂
=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 21
(2,692 Views)
You are jumping to false conclusions! I am posting via phone too. 😄
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21
(2,690 Views)
Doh! Now the full rich text editor shows up on my Android. It won't let me enter anything unless I select HTML. No telling how this will look. A few weeks ago there was a mobile look to the forums early in the morning but it went away. Now that I have gone completely off topic, can the original poster ping the other computer? I realize that this is probably going to work because of the error code but anyway.....
=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21
(2,687 Views)

Thanks to all of u for this quick response. Actually I m living in my university hostel and all the PC's here are connected to LAN and now i want to make a connection with one particular computer (which of course has a particular IP) on the network. but when i do so the error 63 appeared on my screen which said connection is not established. I first ran simple data server and then my other friend ran simple data client but I got the same error again. Do I need some kind of configuration for TCP listener????I m attaching the pictures of TCP listener and vi server.plz tell me where i am wrong!!!thanks. also i dont change any of the default settings on pc exceprt that i just uncheck ACTIVEX and check tcp protocol. me and my freind have same port settings i.e 3363 on vi server and 2055 on front panel of simpledataserver.vi.he wrote my ip address instead of local host on simpledataclinet.vi. w8ing

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21
(2,668 Views)

attachements

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 21
(2,667 Views)

The VI server settings (your second picture) are irrelevant for this.

Run the Server program using a reasonable server port. Showing or configuring the front panel of TCP listen is not needed, this is NOT an express VI. All the important settings need to be set in the calling program: the server VI that you should start running first.

I assume you are using the Examples from the example finder:  "simple data client.vi" and "simple data server.vi", for example

As a first experiment, run both (client and server) on the same computer using "localhost" as address in the client. (all other values at the default)

In a next experiment, run the client on the other computer and change the address to the IP address of the server computer. Does this still work? If it does not work, turn off the windows firewall and try again.

See how far you get.

Message 10 of 21
(2,659 Views)