Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem In writing all channel

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi there,
There are three doubts I would like to be clarified:
1,Well I was trying to aquired data and write to disc using TDMS function using Producer-Consumer pattern. But I was not able to get all the data from every channel. What could be the possible reason?
Attached the various files pertaining to it.
2,Moreover could I possibly replace Write to file VI in place of TDMS?
3, How is Signal compression(in mean mode) different from point to point average VI?
Thanks.

Neevedit

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,231 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author neevedit

For 1. I'm not clear about " not able to get all the data from every channel".  In your attached VI, you didn't give any channel name input to TDMS Write. By default, it will only create only one channel called "Untitled"

For 2. Yes, you can try replace TDMS nodes with Write to file VI

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,204 Views)

HI,
Thanks for the reply. But the problem is since I have many channels (as shown in attachment above) I can give only one channel name to WRITE TDMS VI. Moreover could you please tell whether the channel name must be same as given in Measurement and automation explorer.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,182 Views)

Change your queue to accept the 1D array of waveforms.  When you write to the TDMS, the waveform should contain all of the name information and everything will be written.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,176 Views)

Thanks a lot.  Was bit confused .  My mistake.

We do not see small things....

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,142 Views)