From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tdms-files: Is it possible to prevent LabVIEW and DIAdem from creating .tdms_index files?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

is it possible to prevent LabVIEW and DIAdem from creating .tdms_index files when opening/creating/editing a .tdms file?

I think I have no benefit from the .tdms_index files because our applications create a lot of little .tdms-files (repeat measurements). With the additional .tdms_index files we have unnecessary memory consumption and it takes longer for Windows to open the containing folder. Also it´s confusing when searching for a certain file.

Best Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,718 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Baui

Hi Baui,

I'm afraid there's a direct way to disable creating .tdms_index file now from LabVIEW and DIAdem. You can use TDMS Advacend API in LabVIEW, which doesn't create any index file, or you can just make some simple programming and delete the .tdms_index file after closing the TDMS file. 

This is a request for a long time, we'll consider to add this feature for TDMS in future releases.

Yongqing Ye

NI R&D

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,713 Views)