LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem: Build a VI to display a string in the array of LEDs. Each letter has to be displayed in a separate array and the letters have to move from one array to another in the direction of left to right.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Everyone,

Problem: Build a VI to display a string in the array of LEDs. Each letter has to be displayed in a separate array and the letters have to move from one array to another in the direction of left to right.

I made above mentioned program but it is not working.Can you tell me what is the problem?

There is no error is shown in the program.If anyone know about it please try to find solutions and help me to getting out of this problem.

I have attached my program with this message.

Thank You in Advance !!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,493 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ersmt444

1) FOR loops are your friend here.  You can do some slight restructuring using FOR loops and then you will have less of a mess to deal with, the inner loop using autoindexing tunnels to make it even simpler.

2) I would only deal with the numeric values of the characters.  So move the string control's terminal, the To Uppercase, and the To Byte Array to before the outer loop.  You can use an Array Size out there to tell the outer loop how many times to iterate.

3) The Index Array is expandable.  So you would only need to wire up the index of the first one and it will increment itself as it expands.

4) You need to finish the lookup table (the 3D array)

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 5
(4,447 Views)

You know, in a Classwork Problem such as this, you (and your fellow students) will learn a lot more, and will retain it a lot better, if you collaborate with each other rather than getting "so-called Experts" (meaning those of us in the LabVIEW Forums) to give you the answer (or suggest solutions).  Also, your instructors will probably be less upset by your collective "teaching and learning from each other" than by having the solution "handed to you on a plate".

Some of us may remember old (old) computers where (uppercase only) letters and numbers had a 6x4 "dot" pattern to display them on a CRT (handy when your computer used 12-bit "words", and how nice it was to move to 8-bit words and a 7x5 pattern that allowed (crude) upper and lower case representations.  Needless to say, we didn't have LabVIEW available ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,427 Views)