LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powerpoint ActiveX control

Solved!
Go to solution

I am writing a vi to run MS Powerpoint, load multiple presentations and then play whichever one is selected. Based on the ActiveX controls in pptpresent.vi. 

I can't find a function to change the ActivePresentation property, so I either keep opening and closing the MS application, or I have multiple copies of the application open at once for each presentation.

Any ideas? 

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,637 Views)

@grahamwebb wrote:

I am writing a vi to run MS Powerpoint, load multiple presentations and then play whichever one is selected. Based on the ActiveX controls in pptpresent.vi. 

I can't find a function to change the ActivePresentation property, so I either keep opening and closing the MS application, or I have multiple copies of the application open at once for each presentation.

Any ideas? 

Many thanks

The MS web-site indicates that property is read only.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,635 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author grahamwebb

The "_Presentation" object has a "Windows" property, which is a Collection you can index to get a specific DocumentWindow object, which has an "Activate" method.  Maybe try that?

Message 3 of 4
(2,625 Views)

That works perfectly! Thank you Kyle.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,608 Views)