From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polar plot to 3D graph

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello

I need create 3D graph. I have polar graph and this polar graph (polar graph.jpg) I need trasform to 3D graph, but I have matrix 18x36 data. 36 is from 0 degree to 180 degree every 5 degree and 18 is count polar graphs. So I need this all polar graphs put to 3D graph, but this is problem. This polar graphs I need to rotate 10 degrees in X Y axis I mean (example.jpg). In (direction.jpg) is direction drawing polar plot.

I did it by this example https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Antenna-Radiation-Pattern-in-3D/td-p/2886874/page/3 but it is bad for me (my 3D.jpg).

Thanks for every answer

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(3,903 Views)

will be better if you upload sample of your data and vi (for LabVIEW not more than 2016)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(3,849 Views)

okay, data are (I18.zip) and VI for parse from data to graphs

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(3,846 Views)

Hi!

I have done brief research and found these two articles:

Plotting Arrays of XYZ Data Using the 3D Surface Graph

Plotting Data on 3D Graphs.

Hope they are helpful!

Happy Holidays!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(3,828 Views)

Dont work, because error (error.jpg)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(3,811 Views)

@Ahoj123 wrote:

Hello

I need create 3D graph. I have polar graph and this polar graph (polar graph.jpg) I need trasform to 3D graph, but I have matrix 18x36 data. 36 is from 0 degree to 180 degree every 5 degree and 18 is count polar graphs. So I need this all polar graphs put to 3D graph, but this is problem. This polar graphs I need to rotate 10 degrees in X Y axis I mean (example.jpg). In (direction.jpg) is direction drawing polar plot.

do you want to rotate a point in three-dimensional space about an arbitrary axis?

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361P-01/gmath/3d_cartesian_coordinate_rotation_euler/

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(3,803 Views)

Thanks for your answer and for all answers.

Please Can you give me some examples? I mean VI for all rotation Z, X', Z'. I find too http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361P-01/gmath/3d_cartesian_coord_rotation_direction/

and this is for direction ploting polar plot? in my picture (direction.jpg)

I need rotate about Z axis. Maybe? (first picture, right). In first post are pictures how I need rotate.

Thanks for every answer you are best 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(3,796 Views)

@Ahoj123 wrote:

Thanks for your answer and for all answers.

Please Can you give me some examples? I mean VI for all rotation Z, X', Z'. I find too http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361P-01/gmath/3d_cartesian_coord_rotation_direction/

and this is for direction ploting polar plot? in my picture (direction.jpg)

I need rotate about Z axis. Maybe? (first picture, right). In first post are pictures how I need rotate.

Thanks for every answer you are best 🙂

the link I posted is meant to be used with the "3d picture control", which is quite different from the 3d surface plots you use in graphs.vi ‏48 KB

an use case example of "3d cartesian coord rotation" can be found in the vi posted by MarcDub: 

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Rotations-in-3D-picture-control/m-p/3234120#M940881

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(3,767 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ahoj123

honestly, I don't understand what you want to do - is this a   a functional issue - or rather an cosmetic issue?

I guess we are talking about this section of your code (which I did tidy up, see attached 2018-10-30_graphs.vi):

0_overview.PNG

you have this dataset (2d z-array created from I18.zip ‏15154 KB using the unchanged rest of your code)

plot surface_cartesian.PNG

and you want to plot it on a sphere.

therefore you create an additional  2d x-array and an additional 2d y-array

and plot it together with the 2d z-array to "plot parametric",

and set the 3d plot's coordinate system  to "spheric"

plot parametric_spheric.PNG

do you want to rotate the whole "plot parametric" around the z-axis, because it looks nicer?

or do you think, something is not working properly?

by the way, you should right-click on "path2" and configure the control like this, as you don't want to selcet a a single file

but rather a folder containing a bunch of files  

path2.PNG

Message 9 of 18
(3,755 Views)

I am sorry for late answer. I am trying this and make 3D graph for me. I created four 3d surface with Z axis 2D array and four 3D surface with Z axis 1D array. Every 3d surface was another because I changed X Y and Z. Combine every with every. I change too degrees from 0-180 to -90 to 90. In picture is what I thought.

Thanks for your answer you help me 🙂 🙂 🙂

So I need help with 3D graph. I need set cursor in 3D graph with mouse. When I click with mouse to 3D surface or another 3D graph I need get position X Y and Z point.

How to make this? I find cursor in 3D graph properties but I can only set X Y Z in this properties but not with mouse. 😞

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(3,617 Views)