cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polar plot to 3D graph

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello

I need create 3D graph. I have polar graph and this polar graph (polar graph.jpg) I need trasform to 3D graph, but I have matrix 18x36 data. 36 is from 0 degree to 180 degree every 5 degree and 18 is count polar graphs. So I need this all polar graphs put to 3D graph, but this is problem. This polar graphs I need to rotate 10 degrees in X Y axis I mean (example.jpg). In (direction.jpg) is direction drawing polar plot.

I did it by this example https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Antenna-Radiation-Pattern-in-3D/td-p/2886874/page/3 but it is bad for me (my 3D.jpg).

Thanks for every answer

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(3,837 Views)

will be better if you upload sample of your data and vi (for LabVIEW not more than 2016)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(3,783 Views)

okay, data are (I18.zip) and VI for parse from data to graphs

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(3,780 Views)

Hi!

I have done brief research and found these two articles:

Plotting Arrays of XYZ Data Using the 3D Surface Graph

Plotting Data on 3D Graphs.

Hope they are helpful!

Happy Holidays!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(3,762 Views)

Dont work, because error (error.jpg)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(3,745 Views)

@Ahoj123 wrote:

Hello

I need create 3D graph. I have polar graph and this polar graph (polar graph.jpg) I need trasform to 3D graph, but I have matrix 18x36 data. 36 is from 0 degree to 180 degree every 5 degree and 18 is count polar graphs. So I need this all polar graphs put to 3D graph, but this is problem. This polar graphs I need to rotate 10 degrees in X Y axis I mean (example.jpg). In (direction.jpg) is direction drawing polar plot.

do you want to rotate a point in three-dimensional space about an arbitrary axis?

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361P-01/gmath/3d_cartesian_coordinate_rotation_euler/

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(3,737 Views)

Thanks for your answer and for all answers.

Please Can you give me some examples? I mean VI for all rotation Z, X', Z'. I find too http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361P-01/gmath/3d_cartesian_coord_rotation_direction/

and this is for direction ploting polar plot? in my picture (direction.jpg)

I need rotate about Z axis. Maybe? (first picture, right). In first post are pictures how I need rotate.

Thanks for every answer you are best 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(3,730 Views)

@Ahoj123 wrote:

Thanks for your answer and for all answers.

Please Can you give me some examples? I mean VI for all rotation Z, X', Z'. I find too http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361P-01/gmath/3d_cartesian_coord_rotation_direction/

and this is for direction ploting polar plot? in my picture (direction.jpg)

I need rotate about Z axis. Maybe? (first picture, right). In first post are pictures how I need rotate.

Thanks for every answer you are best 🙂

the link I posted is meant to be used with the "3d picture control", which is quite different from the 3d surface plots you use in graphs.vi ‏48 KB

an use case example of "3d cartesian coord rotation" can be found in the vi posted by MarcDub: 

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Rotations-in-3D-picture-control/m-p/3234120#M940881

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(3,701 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Ahoj123

honestly, I don't understand what you want to do - is this a   a functional issue - or rather an cosmetic issue?

I guess we are talking about this section of your code (which I did tidy up, see attached 2018-10-30_graphs.vi):

0_overview.PNG

you have this dataset (2d z-array created from I18.zip ‏15154 KB using the unchanged rest of your code)

plot surface_cartesian.PNG

and you want to plot it on a sphere.

therefore you create an additional  2d x-array and an additional 2d y-array

and plot it together with the 2d z-array to "plot parametric",

and set the 3d plot's coordinate system  to "spheric"

plot parametric_spheric.PNG

do you want to rotate the whole "plot parametric" around the z-axis, because it looks nicer?

or do you think, something is not working properly?

by the way, you should right-click on "path2" and configure the control like this, as you don't want to selcet a a single file

but rather a folder containing a bunch of files  

path2.PNG

Message 9 of 18
(3,689 Views)

I am sorry for late answer. I am trying this and make 3D graph for me. I created four 3d surface with Z axis 2D array and four 3D surface with Z axis 1D array. Every 3d surface was another because I changed X Y and Z. Combine every with every. I change too degrees from 0-180 to -90 to 90. In picture is what I thought.

Thanks for your answer you help me 🙂 🙂 🙂

So I need help with 3D graph. I need set cursor in 3D graph with mouse. When I click with mouse to 3D surface or another 3D graph I need get position X Y and Z point.

How to make this? I find cursor in 3D graph properties but I can only set X Y Z in this properties but not with mouse. 😞

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(3,551 Views)