LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Placing elements several times

Solved!
Go to solution

This is a pretty basic question, so I'm not sure if there really is no answer yet or if I only used the wrong keywords... I'm using LabView 2015 (Evaluation) on Win7

I've come across the situation several times, where I wanted to place the same element several times (both frontpanel and block diagram). One example: say I have three inputs A, B and C, and I want to calculate (a-c)/(b-c), then I need two subtractions. What I would like to do is click on "subtraction" in the functions palette once and then on the block diagram twice to place two subtraction elements where I need them and do the wiring afterwards. Currently, I select subtraction, place the first subtraction element, then have to go back to the palette and select it again. Is there any hotkey I can use / option that I can set to keep the selection active?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,618 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author skampf

Hi skampf,

- you can copy&paste in the block diagram

- you can ctrl+move with the mouse to copy a BD node

- you can use quickdrop

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,612 Views)

Thanks for the fast reply! I found the ctrl+move does the trick for me

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,602 Views)

@skampf wrote:

Currently, I select subtraction, place the first subtraction element, then have to go back to the palette and select it again. Is there any hotkey I can use / option that I can set to keep the selection active?

With Quick drop you can press ctrl+space and write 'sub' to get to your subtraction fast and easy.

If you then Select the subtraction block and press ctrl+space, ctrl+d you'll create and connect controls and indicators to all available connectors of the function. Can't go much faster than that. 🙂

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,571 Views)