From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel TDMS Logging

Solved!
Go to solution

Good day all,

Just for a brief summary, I have a PCI-6280 M-series board using LV2010.

Currently, I have 4 Differential AI inputs created on one task, and a Linear Encoding Input using a counter on another task.  As you can probably guess, I would like to know the different AI measuremetns at every position I am at (using the linear encoder).  Since this is such a big task, I have decided to use the "DAQmx Configure Logging.vi" for logging into a TDMS file. 

However, I noticed that both tasks could not be written or "streamed" at the same time.  I read on this link that a way to do this is to concactenate the files together. However, I was wondering if this would affect how "synchronized" the position and measurements would be.  Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks

Lester

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,098 Views)
Solution
Accepted by lestwest49

Hey Lester,

Since all the concatenation is done as post-processing it should not affect the synchronization of your data. Another forum you can check for information is here:http://forums.ni.com/t5/Multifunction-DAQ/Multiple-TDMS-DAQmx-streaming-to-the-same-TDMS-file/td-p/1....  Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,073 Views)