cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel TDMS Logging

Solved!
Go to solution

Good day all,

Just for a brief summary, I have a PCI-6280 M-series board using LV2010.

Currently, I have 4 Differential AI inputs created on one task, and a Linear Encoding Input using a counter on another task.  As you can probably guess, I would like to know the different AI measuremetns at every position I am at (using the linear encoder).  Since this is such a big task, I have decided to use the "DAQmx Configure Logging.vi" for logging into a TDMS file. 

However, I noticed that both tasks could not be written or "streamed" at the same time.  I read on this link that a way to do this is to concactenate the files together. However, I was wondering if this would affect how "synchronized" the position and measurements would be.  Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks

Lester

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,100 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author lestwest49

Hey Lester,

Since all the concatenation is done as post-processing it should not affect the synchronization of your data. Another forum you can check for information is here:http://forums.ni.com/t5/Multifunction-DAQ/Multiple-TDMS-DAQmx-streaming-to-the-same-TDMS-file/td-p/1....  Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,075 Views)