LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Openning VI without searching driver !!!

Solved!
Go to solution

HI everyone,

I would like to know if it is possible to open a Vi witouth calling its drivers VI's ??? I'm looking for a property node or something like that

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,538 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bauer65

@bauer65 wrote:

HI everyone,

I would like to know if it is possible to open a Vi witouth calling its drivers VI's ??? I'm looking for a property node or something like that

Thanks in advance

No, it would be like "Can I open my car door without a handle?" You need all of the parts if you want it to work corectly.

Peole usually ask this Q because of load dialogs. The esarch can be elliminated if the driver VI's are loaded prior to its caller. So if you write code to dynamically open your app from bottom to top, alll dependadencies shoudl already be in memory.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 8
(2,535 Views)

My vi is actually performing HTML report about some libraries. I need in fact the pin connector, decription of the VI attached to these libraries,

AND the front panel picture.

but my vi have to open in order to get back their front panel snapshot.

that's why I'm wondering if we can automatically "ignore the element" during the search ??????? as in the dialog window

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,519 Views)

If your FP or Icon connector has a type-def, then skipping the load of those will mess with your reporting.

I'll step back and let others give it a go.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 4 of 8
(2,510 Views)

I don't completely understand the last comments. When you open a VI and LabVIEW goes off searching it displays the search dialog, and you can click on the Ignore Item button. You can do this for all subVIs. When the VI loads you'll get white squares for the subVIs that were not loaded. The wires will still be connected but you won't be able to run the VI or see any information in the Context Help as far as the connector pane layout or VI information until the subVI is loaded.

You cannot change this behavior.

Perhaps we are not understanding what you are specifically trying to do...

Message 5 of 8
(2,507 Views)

@smercurio_fc wrote:

I don't completely understand the last comments. When you open a VI and LabVIEW goes off searching it displays the search dialog, and you can click on the Ignore Item button. You can do this for all subVIs. When the VI loads you'll get white squares for the subVIs that were not loaded. The wires will still be connected but you won't be able to run the VI or see any information in the Context Help as far as the connector pane layout or VI information until the subVI is loaded.

You cannot change this behavior.

Perhaps we are not understanding what you are specifically trying to do...

Ir sounds like he is running a doc tool against his libarary and want to just point at it and let the code do the rest. Stopping to hit cancel will not permit over-night runs etc.

Ben

Message 6 of 8
(2,492 Views)

I'm not sure if this is what you need, but here it is.

Place this VI in the LabVIEW\Project\ folder; then when you run LV, it will show up in the Tools menu.

Message 7 of 8
(2,481 Views)

In fact, there is my purpose : My VI need a path of folder ( user defined) then the VI will filter all the ".lvlib"  present in this folder. Then he finds all ".vi" and ".ctl" which belongs to the lvlib. For each lvlib, he'll write an HTML report "namelvlib.html" which contains several information of ".vi" and ".ctl" with the help of the palette "Documentation of VI" in generation report.  I'm just saying that because in order to obtain the front panel snapshot. The vi connected to the library has to open.

The problem is there are tons of drivers in these VI's (Agilent and Rohde-Schwarz devices ) and I don't want to install them all.

So I'm looking  for a solution to automatically "ignore these elements" like in the searching box. and that must be transparent pour the user.....I hope

Thanks, Don't hesitate to ask questions about my problem

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,475 Views)