LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open file in LVOO

Solved!
Go to solution

If I have a chance, I'll go back and try your code, with Clones, again.  The reason I got rid of the Clones is that, for some reason, using the Clone appeared to "lock in" your File Path, which (as might be expected) referred to a file/folder that I didn't have, and when I tried to substitute a Test File on my own machine, it reverted to the one you specified.  I should be able to figure out how to "have my clone and file name, too" ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(662 Views)

I changed the path to point to an empty text file on my desktop and the code ran fine for me. I don't think the issues you are seeing are related to using classes - is another program using that file?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(647 Views)
Solution
Accepted by zundap1970

You don't have to set it to be a clone. As long as you wire the correct object wire to your Write function you can use it in multiple places just fine, the functions will just execute sequentially. If you need to write to different files truly simultaneously you can use clones, but at least for initial uses I'd leave it as default to keep things simpler.

Message 13 of 14
(634 Views)

Hello, no..none use the file because the file is a test file and I delete e create a new one, with same name, for test every time.

But if on your pc works, is a good news

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(623 Views)