LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only sending cluster to client once TCP/IP

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, so I am writing a programme that should the data that is being used on one application to another application. But it is only sending the first state and not updating or sending anything else once the two connect to each other. I am using queues to send clusters which I have flattened to string and unattended on the other side.

I have a feeling I need to do something else with the queue functions as they are not storing any other versions of the flattened string apart from the first. But I am unsure what to do

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,473 Views)

Well, my preference for sending data between two PCs is to use Network Streams (don't need Flatten/Unflatten).  However, TCP/IP does work, and there is Example code that ships with LabVIEW.  Write yourself the World's Smallest TCP/IP Routine where you send a known data set, say 10 times, once a second, and see if you can receive it.  I'll bet if you use the Example Code, it will work.  Now, make the smallest possible changes to your working code to transmit your data.

I'm not sure why you are trying to send a message from the Receiver back to the Sender.  The more you complicate the (already-slighly-complicated) process of data transmission between independent PCs, the more likely things will go south, hence the more important it is to make a simple model of your code and test your weird protocol.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,445 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author EJBB

The main problem of your sender vi is that you create data every 10 ms in your producer loop, but your consumer has a loop rate of only 100 ms. Hence the queue rapidly fills up with data...

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,423 Views)