LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One or more output arguments not assigned during call to function

hi ,
i have a labview vi which i am converting into matlab mex files using the math interface toolkit.
unfortunately when i try to run the file in matlab i get an error message
??? One or more output arguments not assigned during call to `<function name>`

to make sure i made a basic program which adds two numbers and displays the result, converted to matlab mex files and again tried t orun it in matlab and it comes up with the same error message
??? One or more output arguments not assigned during call to 'C:\dataacquisition\test.m (test)'.

Any suggestions

i am attaching the test vi that i used along with the mex files used for matlab.

Manuj
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(12,824 Views)

This error can be caused a number of ways.

I will try to cover a number of these causes and their solutions by referencing other appropriate sources.

These links maybe of help to you also:

Good KB:

This is the error that was shown when trying to run the .m file in MATLAB.

http://ae.natinst.com/operations/ae/public.nsf/web/searchinternal/55708a4952bdd4a386256e85005720b4?O....

Tutorial:

Calling LabVIEW Vis from the MathWorks Inc. MATLAB:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/eefa8f98491d04c586256e490002f100

Helpful forum:

Error in calling a dll built in LabVIEW from Matlab standalone.

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=115783&requireLogin=False

Helpful Forum:

How to output data when converting LabVIEW VI into MatLab MEX function

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=250&message.id=17356&requireLogin=False

Hope these help

Emma R

NIUK & Ireland

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(12,792 Views)

These are also facts to be aware of:

The 1.0.1 version of the Maths Interface Toolkit.  This is only compatible with the 7.x versions of Labview.

The version that has support for LV 8 has not yet been released.

To call any MEX file created using the Matlab interface toolkit the Mathworks, Inc. MATLAB(R), the matlab interface toolkit Run-Time and version 7.1 of the LabVIEW Run-Time engine must be installed.

Emma R

NIUK & Ireland

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(12,791 Views)
You're teeling that the Math Interface Toolkit doesn't work with LabVIEW 8.0? Why isn't that information available in the main page of the toolkit? In http://www.ni.com/toolkits/lv_math_int.htm#sys says that the only System Requirement is "LabVIEW 7.0 Express or later". For one I don't know any NI software called LabVIEW 7.0 Express. There's LabVIEW 7.0 and there's LabVIEW Express VI Development Toolkit. And for two, "or later" means that version 8 should be also compatible.
Am I right or am I missing something?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(12,705 Views)

Hi Jorge_et,

"LabVIEW 7.0 Express" is LabVIEW 7.0. "LabVIEW 7.0 Express" was the official name for LV 7.0 when it was released as it was the first version to have high level express VIs. Express VIs have become a common feature of LabVIEW in more recent versions and so Express has since been dropped from the title.

In regards to compatibility of the Math Interface Toolkit with LV 8.0:

When LV 8.0 was released the then current version of the toolkit was 1.0.

There is a compatibility problem with the 1.0 version of the LabVIEW Math Interface toolkit and LabVIEW 8.x.

However, this is fixed in the 1.0.2 version of the toolkit, which is a free upgrade for owners of the 1.0 version and the version that is now being sold to all LV 8.0 users.

To upgrade your software, please visit the Upgrade Advisor. For a Toolkit/LabVIEW version compatibility chart, please refer to the LabVIEW Toolkit/Module Version Information page.

I have also attached the LabVIEW Math Interface toolkit read me file for version 1.0.2. This includes installation instructions for the various versions of the toolkit, as well as the version compatibility information.

I hope this answers you questions,

Emma Rogulska

NIUK & Ireland

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(12,683 Views)
This is contents of the readme for the Math Interface Toolkit 1.0.2:

This file contains information to introduce you to the LabVIEW Math Interface Toolkit. This file also provides you with help resources you can use while working with the toolkit. The file contains the following information that you need to understand.

Overview

The Math Interface Toolkit converts LabVIEW VIs into MEX-files for use in The MathWorks, Inc. MATLAB® application software. Select Tools»Math Interface Toolkit in LabVIEW to open the Math Interface Toolkit.

The Math Interface Toolkit Run-Time Engine, which is available on the Math Interface Toolkit CD in the MathInterfaceRunTime folder, is required to distribute and call MEX-files created with the Math Interface Toolkit. You must install the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine on a machine before you can run a MEX-file. The LabVIEW Run-Time Engine must be the same version as the LabVIEW version that created the MEX-file.

Installation Instructions for LabVIEW 8.0 and Newer

Complete the following steps to install the Math Interface Toolkit for LabVIEW 8.0 and newer.

1. Insert the LabVIEW Math Interface Toolkit CD.
  2. Run the setup.exe program.
  3. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen.

Installation Instructions for LabVIEW 7.0 and LabVIEW 7.1

Complete the following steps to install the Math Interface Toolkit for LabVIEW 7.0 or LabVIEW 7.1.

1. Insert the LabVIEW Math Interface Toolkit CD.
  2. Run the setup.exe program from the MathInterfaceForLabVIEW7x folder.
  3. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen.

Installation and Licensing Requirements

To use the Math Interface Toolkit to create MEX-files, you must be a properly licensed user of the Math Interface Toolkit. The license requirements for the Math Interface Toolkit vary depending on the version of LabVIEW you have installed. The following table describes the different installation and license requirements.

LabVIEW Version Installation and License Requirements
LabVIEW 7.0 The Math Interface Toolkit and the LabVIEW Application Builder share internal functionality. If you are using both toolkits on the same computer and you uninstall one of the toolkits, the shared functionality is removed. Therefore, you must reinstall the remaining toolkit.
LabVIEW 7.1 You must have the Math Interface Toolkit properly installed.
LabVIEW 8.0 You must have both the Application Builder and the Math Interface Toolkit installed and properly licensed to use the Math Interface Toolkit.
LabVIEW 8.0.1 You must have the Math Interface Toolkit installed and properly licensed to use the toolkit.

Refer to the Activation Instructions for National Instruments Software Note to Users, located in the software kit, for more information about activating the Math Interface Toolkit license. This information is also found in the Math Interface Toolkit Help.

Accessing the Help

Refer to the Math Interface Toolkit Help, accessible by selecting Help»Math Interface Toolkit Help from the pull-down menu in LabVIEW, for information about the Math Interface Toolkit.

© 2006 National Instruments Corporation. All rights reserved.

MATLAB® is a registered trademark of The MathWorks, Inc.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(12,679 Views)
Let me start by thanking you for your fast response to my thread.
I read the info that you provided and went to the Upgrade Advisor but the Math Interface Toolkit doesn't appear on the list. Even when I select the version 7.x of LabVIEW and Toolkits/Toolsets. So how can I download the new version of the Toolkit since you've said that the upgrade is free to owners of the 1.0 version.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(12,676 Views)
Hi Jorge_et,

I'm sorry if my referencing the upgrade advisor confused you.

Version 1.0.2 is only a free upgrade for owners of Math Interface Toolkit version 1.0 and LV 8.0.
As the toolkit that has to be bought under any other circumstance it is not available for download.

If you qualify for the free upgrade or would like to purchase the Math Interface Toolkit version 1.0.2 then you need to contact your local National Instruments Branch and speak to a member of the sales team.

I hope this clarifies things,

Emma Rogulska
NIUK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(12,656 Views)

I have Labview 2009 instaled and I want to to use math interface toolkits.

I have instaled math interface toolkits but when I am creating the mex file I recieve the following error:

At least one of the LNX-file creations was not successful. To call any of the successfully created LNX-files, XMath, the Math Interface Toolkit for XMath Run-Time, and version 9.0 of the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine must be installed.

It the matlab toolbox I also don't see the Ni math interface toolkits? (I am useig matlab 2010a)

Could you please tell me if this version of math interface toolkits is comaptibale to Labview 9 and what is the istalation procedure?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(6,029 Views)

have you finally solved this problem,thank you for your reply.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,183 Views)