cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onboard Device Memory underflow?

Solved!
Go to solution
Hi, this is my error code I get:

"Error -200016 occurred at Property Node DAQmx Task (arg 1) in DAQmx Is Task Done.vi:1->Brandon_V1.vi

Possible reason(s):

Measurements: Onboard device memory underflow. Because of system and/or bus-bandwidth limitations, the driver could not write data to the device fast enough to keep up with the device output rate.

Reduce your sample rate, alter the data transfer method (from interrupts to DMA), use a product with more onboard memory, or reduce the number of programs your computer is executing concurrently.

Task Name: _unnamedTask<19>"

It occurs every now and then. When it does it will reapear whenever I start my program until I restart the computer. In the worst case that happens every ten minutes. For about 2-4 weeks I never had any comparable problems. Out of sudden I got these problems.

I would be very gratefully for any help!

Manuel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,759 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Manuu

It appears as if you are trying to sample data from your device too quickly.  Possibly polling it too rapidly in the 'is task done.vi' and exceeding the bandwidth.  Take a look at this Knowledge Base Article to see if it is a little more insightful.  It is hard to determine definitively without knowing a little more about your setup.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/9049F1F9E136112386256FE200650503?OpenDocument

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,753 Views)