LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ocean Optics USB4000 Spectrometer

Hi everyone.

I have a USB4000 and i need to receive the information of the spectrometer in labview 8.6  

Can anyone help me?

what do i need to get or install?

If there is any driver or software, can you please send it to me?  paulo.silva@mcm-electronics.com

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 277
(8,477 Views)

It looks like Ocean Optics has drivers for their spectrometers that work with LabVIEW 7.1 and above available for purchase.

OmniDriver Spectroscopy Development Platform

Eric K

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 277
(8,444 Views)

I had been using an HR4000 with the legacy OOIDRV32.dll and had numerous problems with LV 8.2 and things got worse with LVB8.6.

I installed the new Omni Driver and it worked much better with 8.5 but got an unable to create JVM error. After working with vendor we discovered that un-installing the distributed IO ( Filed point drivers ) fixed the problem.

Hope this helps anyone who has had problems like mine.

Mario

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 277
(8,278 Views)

I still work with my trial-and-error-game, but I can not fix my problems with the usb-4000 and omnidriver. Sometimes there is the library problem, sometimes it is not. Is there a new version of omnidriver? (using LV8.5)

can anyone send me his working Vi's for the USB4000 so i can go on with my trial-and-error-game? (dermalte@gmx.de)  I need a reference which is definitely running. i hope it helps me a lot if I know that the problem is not LV8.5 and the version of onmidriver.

malte

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 277
(8,201 Views)

Hi All,

I'm currently developing a LabVIEW VI to interface with the USB4000.

I would really appreciate it if someone could send me the necessary software/drivers: kkc8@duke.edu

Thanks!

-Kev 

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 277
(7,978 Views)

Hi

The legacy driver can be downloaded from the vendor website at

http://www.oceanoptics.com/technical/softwaredownloads.asp

You can also download the new driver called OmniDriver but you will need a password which you can get if you purchase a license.

I strongly recommend the new driver. At Coherent where I work we have lots of these devices and had many problems with the legacy driver. Now that we use OmniDriver our problems are gone. I have installed the driver for use with LV7.1 all the way to LV 8.6.

I suggest you call their tech support . I found them to be very helpful.

I wish I could provide you with the VIs but I'm afraid its not legal since its licensed.

Regards

Mario

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 277
(7,969 Views)

Hi David,

I would like to know if USB 4000 spectrometer works well with LabView 8.5 as  I have plan to buy 3 or 4 spectrometer and to use them with Labview.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 277
(7,915 Views)

I believe elanimal answered the question just above:

elanimal:

You can also download the new driver called OmniDriver but you will need a password which you can get if you purchase a license.

I strongly recommend the new driver. At Coherent where I work we have lots of these devices and had many problems with the legacy driver. Now that we use OmniDriver our problems are gone. I have installed the driver for use with LV7.1 all the way to LV 8.6.

Jeff | LabVIEW Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 277
(7,887 Views)

Hi Lyn

Jeff is correct. We have many HR4000s which we control via USB. As I stated previously the new OmniDriver worked flawlessly with LV 8.5 but errored with 8.6 .

I had to remove the Field Point Drivers to fix the problem with 8.6

If you plan to get that many I would think the vendor may consider including the new Driver at no cost ( cant hurt to ask ).

I resolved our problem with the help of the tech support in the Florida office. If you have questions ask for James Gass.

Mario

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 277
(7,872 Views)

Hi Mario,

Thanks. I asked the vender OOILVD Labview driver to include, but he told me to develop software with C++/VB and he said the Labview is a higher level language and so the data acquisiton speed will be so slow if develop with Labview.

Your spectrometers works well with Labview?

Best Regards,

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 277
(7,854 Views)