LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ocean Optics USB4000 Spectrometer

Shib,

You'd better start a thread next time you have a question. This one is out dated.

Labview (and other programming languages) drivers for Ocean Optics spectrometers USB2000 and USB4000 can be purchased at Ocean Optics website. They're not good quality though and may not work with Labview 6.1.

Charly

It's always sunny in California! Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer!
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 277
(7,465 Views)
Thnx...:)
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 277
(7,433 Views)
Hi,

I read your post that you worked on ocean optic's USB4000 VI.  I am a chemical engineer and want to automate my analysis which involves USB4000. It is kinda hard for me to get the generic VI work for USB4000.  It would be a great help from your side if you could send me the VI's of USB4000.  My thesis work is struck at obtaining obtaining data from the spectrometer.

AJ
chem.techie@gmail.com
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 277
(7,310 Views)
Abhinav,
             I am still not got th drivers required for my work using USB4000....I am trying to have it.....
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 277
(7,287 Views)

Hi Shib,

I have the generic driver and the programming manual with me. If you need then let me know. I can email them to you.

AJ

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 277
(7,193 Views)

Hello all,

When making a call to the Ocean optics OmniDriver.dll with long integration times and or averaging, it seems Labview cannot do anything else until the OmniDriver "Wrapper" returns.  I would like to include some type of feedback to the user such as a progress indicator and or a blinking control.  Is there a way to do this?

regards,

Karl

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 277
(7,135 Views)

Hey Karl,

Can you be more specific? I experienced some timeout issues with Omnidriver.dll too. Sometimes the OO spectrometer stays frozen for no reason at initialization.

I noticed that to get a corrected signal the spectrometer has to 'run several integration times'. I mean that there is a signal offset that is corrected run after run. I figured out that a bit less than 20 runs are necessary to to get a corrected signal.

I developed a progress indicator with LV whose total time is 20 runs * integration time. It doesn't communicate with the dll it just assess the necessary time to get accurate measurements.

Charly

It's always sunny in California! Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer!
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 277
(7,128 Views)
Hi,

coming back to the original question posted by MAH: In our Lab, we had a similar problem with the OmniDriver-Package from Ocean Optics. See this thread: http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&thread.id=275400&view=by_date_ascending&page=2

We finally solved it, but with a trial-and-error-game 🙂

Hope this helps,

Christian

THINK G!! 😉
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Using LabView 2010 and 2011 on Mac and Win
Programming in Microsoft Visual C++ (Win), XCode (Mac)
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 277
(7,118 Views)

Can you please send me those VIs for Ocean Optics USB4000?

Thank you

Sadi

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 277
(6,803 Views)
MAH2681, I am also using the USB 4000 spectrometer and trying to integrate it into LabView 8.6 and having the same problem.  Would it be possible to get a copy of your VI you are using? 
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler. -AE
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 277
(6,676 Views)