From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Occasional Error-50103 Appearance

Dear All

I am building a code that I want it to do the following:

1- output a triangular waveform with a specific frequency and amplitude.

2- then after the triangular waveform automatically output a sine wave with onother prespecified frequency and amplitude.

3- these two consecutive waveforms are supposed to be going out from the same cahnnel (AO0).

4- during the above happens and at the same time I am receiving two signals from two sensors >> calculating the difference between the two received signals >>> then outputting the difference from another channel (AO1).

My problem is the code some times is working fine and sometimes giving me the following error:

Error-50103.....

Possible reason(s):

NI Platform Services: The specified resource is reserved. The operation could not be completed as specified.

Task Name: _unnamedTask<19DB>

Please advice

p.s you can find the VI that I am talking about in the attachments

Many thanks in advance Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,567 Views)

The error you have shown occurs when you try to access the same resource at 2 different places. Since I don't have DAQmx installed I am not able to look into the code completely. 

Since you are trying to access the AO0 and AO1 in 2 different places you are getting the error. I believe both the output share the same DAC. What is the DAQ card you are using?

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,562 Views)

I am using PCIe-6321 and SCB-68A.

I dont think that this is the problem because in previos (earlier) versions of my code every thing was running fine and smooth. I was outputting a sine wave from AO0 and inputting the sensors signal and making the calculations and reoutputting the result from AO1.

but now I am trying to add to the code and it works fine but occasionally it give me the 50103 error.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,552 Views)

I too have experienced this occassional 50103 error.  It is quite infrequent and it's difficult to reproduce for troubleshooting purposes, so I don't know if this was the fix or not, but what I did was place a time delay between the two consecutive daqmx calls (to different channels of course), using error wires to determine execution flow, and I have not seen this error show up since.    Perhaps someone else has fiddled around with it more and actually found the root cause? I haven' tbeen able to sofar. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,378 Views)
You've already been told the root cause. The error is a common one. You simply cannot have multiple tasks running that use the same resource. As mentioned, there is a single convert clock. If you find out difficult to combine multiple channels into a single task, the first task must be stopped and cleared before you start a second task. Using error wires is the correct way to enforce execution order. Not having them was bad design.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,368 Views)