LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

-200361 warning during DAQmx acquisition

Hello,

I have been getting this warning during acquistion with 6255 OEM. This interrupts the continous data acquisiton of my software. I have tried reducing the sampling rate but doesn't help. Can some one help me find the way of handling this situration in my program to avoid the interruption in the continous data acquistion?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,402 Views)

You need to tell us a bit more.  How many channels are you sampling?  What is your sampling rate?  What are you doing with the data (can you "swallow" the bits fast enough)?  Can you show us the relevant section of the code?

BS

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,398 Views)

Definately would help to see some code.  It could be sampling rate, buffer size, or how fast you are actually reading the data.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,381 Views)

Thank Bob_Schor,

I am sampling 80 channels at 9375. The acquisition is done in a timed loop that is set 175ms. The sampling is based on the encoder ticks throught the counter. The acquisiton loop takes the differece of the counter from prevous loop iteration and read that many number of samples from 80 channels and then save and plot them. The encoder generates 2400 counts per revolution, and I am running the encoder at 2 Revolution/sec i.e reading 4800 points/sec.

This program works fine when I am using a simple USB cable. But, now I am requried to use a USB extender with 100m long Ethernet cable. It works fine for a while; but at some point this warning occurs and acquisition stops.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,378 Views)

MansoorEE wrote:

This program works fine when I am using a simple USB cable. But, now I am requried to use a USB extender with 100m long Ethernet cable. It works fine for a while; but at some point this warning occurs and acquisition stops.

That sounds like you were working on the hairy edge before and now that the communication bus is likely just a little bit slower due to the conversion, you fail.

Try setting your loop to run a little bit faster, like maybe 100ms.  By reading the samples faster, you are less likely to reach your buffer limit.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,374 Views)