LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Normalize plots

Hi all,

I am trying to normalize plots. I have an accelerometer giving me three axis of data and a proximity sensor giving me data for the rpms of a motor. I am currently using a measurement computing DAQ which runs the NI ULx driver. My overall goal is to be able to see the vibrations as a function of rotational speed.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,126 Views)

If you could save for LV 2012 or earlier I can take a look. It seems like a very large file size for a single VI. Can you not just divide by the maximum value of the curve to normalize it?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,077 Views)

Hi jhealey,

Could you elaborate on what you mean by normalizing the data in this context? Do you intend for each plot to have the same x- and/or y-axis limits? Are you expecting your data to always fall within a certain range?

Tom D.
Staff Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,043 Views)

What you look for are order analyses, and you want to resample the data to even angle instead of even time. Have a look at the sound and vibration modules,  it all there 🙂

One pulse per revolution is not that much...   but it depends what you are looking for and how your system behaves....

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,021 Views)

Tom,

I like my plots to each be a rpm versus vibrations data. Basically showing that as your speed increases, so does your vibrations.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,011 Views)

Hi jhealey,

How are you planning on calculating vibration? I am guessing it is based on the x-, y-, and z-axis coordinates somehow?

Tom D.
Staff Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,962 Views)

Tom,

My accelerometer gives me readings for the X, Y, and Z directions. I have converted the voltage outputs into units with gravity. I bundled the readings from each to show one plot with three readings. Is there any way to really make this an rpm vs vibration plot? Preferably on one plot but if one for each direction is needed, that will work for my application.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,953 Views)

You want to plot RPMs on the y-axis and vibration on the x-axis? It sounds like you already have the RPMs array. For the vibration array, you could take the magnitude (sqrt(x^2 + y^2 + z^2)) and plot along the x axis. You can either bundle into a cluster, or use the re/im to complex function, and then wire into an xy graph. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,947 Views)