cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user interface

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have several input parameters on my front panel. I would like to create a button so that when I click the button my sub vi should open in which I can enter the input values. Could you please help me in solving this problen

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(4,227 Views)

There are LabVIEW dialog functions that you may find helpful.

If you want a custom user input interface, you'll need to create a subVI and have the subVI's front panel show when called.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/569990697D996C6986256F20005216F6

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(4,225 Views)

Usually for a simple user input I use a SubVI with an event structure. The only event you need is something along the lines of an "OK Button". You don't need a loop, the event structure will wait until some event occurs. Then you can output the user input in a cluster from the "OK Button" case.

Set the VI to open when called and to close if it was originally closed afterward.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(4,211 Views)

Hi,

I would like to load the input values to main front panel . Can i do this by just calling sub vi

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(4,208 Views)

Yes, if you want the values to come from the front panel, just make them an input in the SubVI. If you want the front panel to take the values from the SubVI, then wire up the output from the SubVI.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(4,206 Views)

Hi,

could you please send me the example program for this if possible.

thank you

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(4,199 Views)

Please post what you've tried so far, either using the suggestions above or using your original idea.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(4,196 Views)

Hi,

My main program is too complex which require additional drivers to run it. I have made a sample main program in which I can create a button to call sub vi for the two controllers(numeric and numeric 2)

thank you

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(4,185 Views)

Could you save for LabVIEW 2012 using File >> Save for previous...

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(4,180 Views)
It's too simple that create a event structure with the button which you want to click for opening a sub vi.
Once the event is triggered call the sub vi.
Design the sub vi in such a way that it should open the front panel and wait for user to provide input. Then make the sub vi close when it is actually closed. You can use model settings.
FRom the sub vi you can take the output value to main value to access the values which provided by the user.

Use state machine architecture
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(4,179 Views)