LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neural net - putting weights into strings

Number of words, in your case 100. If you were searching thousands of words thousands of times, then you would probably find the variant attribute method an order of magnitude faster.

Since you're just starting out, it is probably best to learn the basic looping, array and cluster functions first.

Good luck and enjoy learning LabVIEW! Smiley Happy

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 24
(593 Views)

PhilipBrooks,

is there a way to link the variant in neural network and training?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 24
(591 Views)

what do you mean?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 24
(580 Views)

Ray.R,

what do i mean with what? 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 24
(577 Views)

is there a way to link the variant in neural network and training?

In what way do you want to train your neural net? 

Or did I misunderstand what you meant by training?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 24
(573 Views)

Ray.R

training as in like the one in the example where you make the system learn the translation.

I know that variant can save data, so I was wondering if  there was a way to save what the system has learned.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 24
(571 Views)

Sorry for crazy questions..  but here goes:

When the NN learns the translation do you:

1) want the system to "forget" and re-learn everytime the application is run?

or

2) want the system to remember what it learned during previous runs?

a)  but forget after the application is taken out of memory

b)  but remember even though a reboot of the machine occurred (ie: writes what it learned to file for later retrieval)

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 24
(562 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 24
(560 Views)

So back to your question about using variants:  yes you could use it.  Write to a file as a storage means, which would also allow you to retrieve it during the next run.

The reason for those questions is that there might be better alternatives, but you can use variants easily with files.

In the Cluster, Class & Variant palette (from the block diagram), you can find the Variant functions.  You may need to use the Flatten to String function before writing it to file.  You can also find functions to Set Attributes to the variant.

The Context Help (question mark at top right corner of block diagram or under Help menu), will help you with the use of the functions.

You can also look under the Help Menu and use the Find examples to do a search on variant.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 24
(541 Views)

actually I asked help in variants some time ago but with a slightly different problem. The VI here can "translate" in a way but it doesnt store the added or "learned" data permanently and it has no training or weights to the input. I was hoping if I could ask for your help in making this into a neural net, if it's not too much to ask

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 24
(538 Views)