LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Streams cannot communicate when Compiled

Solved!
Go to solution

I am develop two communication vi. Under the same project ,  use the network streams function to send and receive. it is  communication ok before compiling, but after compiling it is can‘t connect,Labview's sample project " Simple Network Stream" has the same problem,if copy  " Simple Network Stream" named " Simple Network Stream (2)",run  " Simple Network Stream" Host.vi  and " Simple Network Stream(2)"Target.vi ,it is also not connect,who knows how to solve it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,334 Views)

I have successfully used Network Streams to communicate with a Remote Target in a LabVIEW Real-Time application.  The Host application was compiled to an Application (.exe), while the RT Remote was compiled to an .rtexe file.  Post your code for both the Source and the Destination and I will be glad to critique it.  Do not post a "picture" of your code -- attach VIs (I promise not to look at .jpg or .png files).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,293 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gsm174
OK,i am find the answer is ***MUST USE FULL PATH*** like ni.dex://hostname:application/endpoint_name when you Create Network Stream Writer Endpoint ,Create Network Stream Reader Endpoint the Reader name,Writer name,Writer url ,Reader url must use full path,Labview sample project "Simple network streams" not comprehensive。 *hostname can use ip address ,i only tested in ipv4, *application can use any character,not limited to execuable file name.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,285 Views)
Thanks Bob Schor, I have solved this problem.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,280 Views)