From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Stream does not work

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone

I want to create a Labview model that communicates between an RT target system and a host computer. That's what I thought could be a network stream. I have created a writer VI and a reader VI, from which I run the writer VI on the RT system and the other Reader VI I start manually on the host PC. Unfortunately, the application is not yet working as I imagine, the Network Stream seems to be dead.

Does anyone think of what this might be about?
Can this be because of firewall settings?
The VIs can be both started and are built according to the description of NI. (So I assume they are correct.)

Do I have an error of understanding somewhere?

Can such a network stream be used on an NI PXI system?

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,963 Views)

Hi mihamm,

@mihamm wrote:

Does anyone think of what this might be about?
Can this be because of firewall settings?
Do I have an error of understanding somewhere?

Well, maybe it's a problem with your VIs.

Firewall settings might also apply.

The "error of understanding" seems to be the expectation of magically solving your code issues without presenting your code…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,962 Views)

Somewhere on the Forums I have a Solution that walks you through building Network Streams.  I just spent about 30 minutes looking for it, couldn't find it, but found another Solution of mine here that shows my Streams code (in part -- there are a number of sub-VIs that do "obvious things" that don't appear in the LabVIEW 2014 Snippets).

Hope this is helpful.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,885 Views)

Another Solution found (because someone just gave it a Kudo).  Not sure if this is applicable, but take a look here ... 

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,880 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mihamm

Tank you for your answers,

today I was able to solve the problem. There were several small problems:

For one thing, I didn't know that the Network Streams application had to be installed on the PXI system. LabVIEW must also be run as an admin on the host. So my LabVIEW code was already working.

Message 5 of 6
(1,868 Views)

When running Network Streams, you do not need to be an Admin in order to run the Host program -- the only requirement is that you can "see" the Remote Target.  You can check that by going to a Command Prompt and trying to "Ping" the Target.  I just ran as a "standard user" with a LabVIEW RT project talking to a myRIO using Network Streams ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,851 Views)