LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Shared Variable - Variable folder on Host PC not showing up..

Created a simple Shared variable project on two WIN10 pcs . One is a Host and the other is a client. 

Have followed the full instructions on this topic but surprisingly when i BROWSE for the variable from the client machine, i just get to see the Host PC but the shared variable folder is not seen. 

- RRN_HomePC is the Host PC. 

- Even tried via the NI Distributed Systems Manager

- Both PCs on same WLAN 

-Firewalls disabled on both PC  for Local Network packets

- Both PC s registered on each other ( do i have to do this once or every time i run ?) 

Have attached some snap shots to make the problem clear...can share both projects if required. 

RRN_PC.PNGBrowseSharVar.PNG

Raghunathan
LabVIEW to Automate Hydraulic Test rigs.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,395 Views)

It is a little worrisome that your "Browse Variable Objects" display shows nothing ...  If there is "No There there", then you would expect to see nothing ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,380 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

It is a little worrisome that your "Browse Variable Objects" display shows nothing ...  If there is "No There there", then you would expect to see nothing ...

Bob Schor

So would it help if I created a Local Network group with the two PCs ? Never tried that as the NI documents never mentioned about this anywhere.. or I missed it . Right now both the PCs are on the same WLAN. 

Raghunathan
LabVIEW to Automate Hydraulic Test rigs.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,359 Views)

I've not used Shared Variables very much (I prefer Network Streams for most things), but now that you mention it, I've always used a LAN (and a direct "wired" connection between the two machines) when using Shared Variables...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,348 Views)