LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network-Published Source Item List

I am trying to make use of shared variables to control some variables in an RT VI from the VI residing on the PC. When I'm searching for network-published source items to bind the local variables with the shared variables, I'm presented with this screen. Here I can see what appears to be all of the projects I have deployed at one point or another as well as the libraries. However, if I look in the "Resolver" drop-down, I can see only two variables that were deployed in a previous, now non-existent, library. The current library (which has been deployed to the cRIO) has no variables appearing under the Resolver drop-down. Clearly I am missing something here, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

snap.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,352 Views)

Have you looked into the NI Distributed Systems Manager? Do the variables appear over there? Could you post a screenshot of that?

You can create the variables using the NI Distributed Systems Manager as well.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,324 Views)

They do not appear in the Distributed System Manager. The snapshot below shows the project I'm working in, the library I have created (and deployed) in that project, and then the lack of those deployed library variables in the distributed system manager. The variables appearing beneath "Resolver" are from an old library that is not in the project anymore.

snap.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,321 Views)

Try the following things:

- Make sure that "Disable Autodeploy Variables" is unselected when you right-click your cRIO target

Right click the lvlib in the project explorer that holds all the variables and click "deploy all"

- Click the "Refresh" button in the NI Distributed System Manager

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,304 Views)

I've confirmed that "Disable Autodeploy Variables" is unselected. I have used the "deploy all" option prior to each test, but with no success. After refreshing in the Distributed System Manager, I still see no change unfortunately. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,302 Views)

Is the cRIO target itself deployed and connected to the actual target?

Can you see the cRIO in NI MAX?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,290 Views)

Upon remapping the variables on the host (PC front panel) to the shared variables, it seems to work as expected now. I suspect I had improperly mapped them (perhaps to an old library) when trying to fix another issue. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,267 Views)