LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Device appears and can be queried in MAX but doesn't appear as VISA resource in labview

Solved!
Go to solution

This just occurred and had been working fine before (at least a year). I have a Keysight DSOX6004A Scope, it is connected to my PXI chassis through LAN connection. The scope shows up in MAX under Network Devices, and I can open the test panels, query the scope and it responds without error (*IDN?/). In Labview for the niScope Initialize.vi, I had been using a visa resource constant with "Scope" selected from the dropdown. It used to work, now "Scope" is greyed out and there are no devices listed in the dropdown to choose from. Nothing appears when I refresh or select browse. This is in a built executable and had been working for some time, I don't want to have to rebuild the program or really make any changes to it since it is a released test program. I attempted to change the name of the device in MAX, but it still won't show up in the resource dropdown. I thought about deleting all of the devices and re adding them all but there are 15 other devices, so that would suck.

anyone have any ideas on what might have changed that i can get the scope showing back up again?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(712 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TheWolfmansBrother

niScope Initialize.vi as the prefix suggests works only with NI's Scopes and not Keysight's scope.

I had been using a visa resource constant with "Scope" selected from the dropdown. It used to work, now "Scope" is greyed out and there are no devices listed in the dropdown to choose from.

In NI MAX, please check the Alias for the NI Scope that you named as "Scope"

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 2 of 4
(707 Views)

Ok so I'm an idiot, and should probably go have another coffee to wake up. There is supposed to be an NI5162 scope card installed in the chassis, its' not. It was probably pulled for calibration or something. Has been a long time since I messed with this station, and immediately just thought I was trying to reference the Keysight scope. I also sort of fell into productions "dumb bubble" when they told me the scope wasn't communicating with the station. 

Thanks, @santo_13 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(698 Views)

@TheWolfmansBrother wrote:

Ok so I'm an idiot, and should probably go have another coffee to wake up. There is supposed to be an NI5162 scope card installed in the chassis, its' not. It was probably pulled for calibration or something. Has been a long time since I messed with this station, and immediately just thought I was trying to reference the Keysight scope. I also sort of fell into productions "dumb bubble" when they told me the scope wasn't communicating with the station. 

Thanks, @santo_13 

😂It's more common than you think!😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(656 Views)