From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acquisition

Whosoever seeing it I am working on a project in railway where I am acquiring pressure data through daq card name 6225. The pressure sensors give current and that current is acquired as voltage through resistor for corresponding channel on the daq card. Now the pressure data is taken from two types of pipe brake pressure pipe(BPP) and brake cylinder pipe(BCP) which are mechanically isolated from each other(which means air pressure of one pipe won't go into the other one). Now the channels connection are done in such a way that the channels of each pipe is connected alternatively for e.g. BPP1 is connected on first channel and then BCP1 is connected to second channel upto BPP40 and BCP40 over 80 channels. Now the problem that is occurring is that when I give pressure to one kind of pipe some pressure is showing on the channels of different pipe(some offset) whereas it should show pressure on the same kind of pipe. Kindly help me out with this

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(635 Views)

Could be a hardware problem or a software problem. No way to tell form the sparse information given.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(628 Views)

Agreed that we need more information to really help but as a guess I would say you could be dealing with GHOSTING😯

Do a search on "NI DAQ Ghosting" for more info.

Here's a good NI KnowledgeBase article that explains the issue:  How Do I Eliminate Ghosting from My Measurements? - NI

If you can provide an example of how things are wired and your code we can take a closer look.  Note that many of us are no longer upgrading so back-saving to LV2019 will get more eyes on your problem. 😉

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
Message 3 of 3
(599 Views)