From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some help in changing spreadsheet to read from text file

I'm quite new to labview.

i had tried to change the write to spreadsheet and read from spreadsheet to write to text and read from text respectively. but i had some kind of error.

i didnt work the way i wanted.

able to guide me along?

these are the program i had done.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,796 Views)
Your question makes no sense. Both of the functions already can read/write text and in your second VI, it is set to do so. The VIs you posted don't seem to have anything related to your question. And 'Some sort of error' is not a good description. When you have an error, there is always a message/error code associated with it. Provide that.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,784 Views)

i meant that i do not want to use read/write to spreadsheet.

i want to use red/write to text instead.

but after i change it to read/write from text, it wont work the same way as it is.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,777 Views)
Of course it does not work the same. Read From Text returns the contents of the file as just a single string. You would have to format that string to duplicate the functionality of Read From Spreadsheet. The same is true of the write functions. Look at the block diagrams of the spreadsheet functions to see what is being used. Or, modify your program to use the raw strings - unformatted.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,774 Views)

i dont really get what you meant.

i had it working on the pc, but when i build it to exe file for the touch panel, there's error on spreadsheet function. is it because touch panel doesnt have spreadsheet function?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,762 Views)

Well, you still have not provided any details on what this 'error' is.

Sorry, but this is the first time you've mentioned touch panel and I have no experience with that.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,756 Views)

but i think i had to change spreadsheet to text file.

but when i change it, the program will not work as it is. any guide on how should i edit it to read/write to text file without changing the whole part?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,745 Views)

Why do you want to change function, if things already work fine?

There's no point to do so.

Anyway, I attach a screenshot of write to text file that do pretty much the same thing, but I'm not going to modify your code, unless you've a very good reason to modify your code.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,697 Views)