LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help identifying a LabVIEW symbol

Solved!
Go to solution

I am having trouble finding what the attached symbol is and what it does in a program that I am using.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,379 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author eric_lab

You can find this in the Synchronization palette. Its name is "First call?".

It outputs true the first time is executed, later it will output false. It's normally used to do something only on program start, vi initialization, etc..

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
Message 2 of 7
(2,368 Views)

What's wrong with "right-click...help"? 😮

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,337 Views)

Uh-oh... if you're calling nodes "symbols", you might need more help than just finding a node on a palette.  Please check out the (mostly) free training links on the first page of this forum.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,331 Views)

Another suggest:  Right-click on the item and select Visible Items -> Label.  That tells you the name.  Use Search on the top-right of the palette to find where it is located.

Michael Munroe, CLD, CTD, MCP
Automate 1M+ VI Search, Sort and Edit operations with Property Inspector 5.0, now with a new Interactive Window Manager!
Now supports full project automation using one-click custom macros or CLI.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,325 Views)

When re-writing a program from a screen shot I do not have the option to right click. Thank you though.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,305 Views)

@eric_lab wrote:

When re-writing a program from a screen shot I do not have the option to right click. Thank you though.

That would have been important to mention. 😄

When you say "... in a program that I am using", it seems to imply that you have the actual code or it would not be a usable program. You should have said "Image that I want to turn into a program" or similar.

It is typically very difficult to recreate code from an image (unless it is a "LabVIEW snippet" :D). Typically you don't have images of all cases of case and event structures, have partially hidden wires, or even image cropping. You also don't have information about e.g. express VI configurations, event configurations, default values, format settings, execution settings, etc. etc. "LabVIEW code -- to -- image" is a very lossy operation and typically irreversible except in very trivial cases. I recommend to contact the original author for the real VI.

Message 7 of 7
(2,292 Views)