cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help! Write to Database

Solved!
Go to solution

Can anybody help me?

I have a problem with logging data to file.

I understand how database functions works ,but i can't get it to work

My whish is to logg measurement data into file , whit an timestamp linked to each sample I have measured.

Under are an example of what I want it to look like in Excel using TDMS for logging

This is what I got now

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

I have also created an 2D array of the string ,but can't log it in into the database

Im also sending the VI im working on.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,178 Views)

Hi,

As MikePorter said on your newest thread, asking the same question again and again because you didn't get an immediate response is rude and is actually likely to stop people from wanting to help you.

Next time just post the question and wait patiently, people on the forums are more than willing to help, but we're not here as an instant technical support line.

Now relating to your question:

Is there any reason why you aren't using the TDMS VIs or even simply the "Write to Spreadsheet" VI? If you only want to log data in a format that excel can read, either of these options would be fine:

File IO.png

-CC 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome!"

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,146 Views)

Yeah, try the TDMS functions directly instead of the Express VI's. You'll see that the TDMS write uses a cluster which you can easily fill in the loop.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,138 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LCT2

Im sorry for being a Idiot,

but im kinda stressed with an engineering degree right now, surronding NI products.

Thx for the tips.

U guys make my day

The reason i did the way i did  ,is the need to use Diadem in analyzing my results.

Also found an solution for Excel on my own, that worked by rotating the array 270 degrees clockwise using "Transpose 2D array"

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,134 Views)

It's ok, we all want instant answers when we're under pressure! Smiley Wink

I'm glad you found a fix to your problem, but using the TDMS VIs would simplify your program and would probably make any further debugging simpler - just something to consider before you go too much further with this one.

-CC

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome!"

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,110 Views)