LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coercion dots using classes in conditional structure

I am trying to create a plugin driver that is LVOOP based.  We have certain drivers we do not want to release.  Therefore I am attempting to use conditional disable diagram to select which class is available.  One of my questions is why do I get coercion dot between these conditional disable cases?  If these are part of a project packed library, does the disabled conditional code included as a dependancy?

In the below example the release case the base class is used and in the development case the derived class is used.

cond disable.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,125 Views)

If the code is working I wouldn't get too concerned about the issue. There are a lot of situations where LV shows extraneous, transient or incorrect coercion dots. You can try and report it to NI but unless it breaks the code, they tend to view these things as a "purely cosmetic issue".

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,117 Views)

What brought me to looking at the coercion dots was once they are visible, building a packed library LabVIEW fails to initialize the builder.  This issue is not remedied until the offending class is removed from the project and the project is closed releasing the class from memory.  If I move the conditional disable out side the case statement there are no coercion dots.   Also switching between conditionals disable cases does not change this coercion.  When I go to build the packed library LabVIEW still locks up.

failed to init.jpg

In summary I believe that the build locks up when ever switching between conditional disable cases.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,114 Views)

I'm sorry  I don't my building a packed library issue is related to the conditional disable and the coercion dots.  I am going to start another thread regarding the LabVIEW locking up when building a packed library.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,109 Views)