LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name file with spreadsheet

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I save the data with "Write to Spreadsheet" and I know that I can save it in a created file with a path or create a new.

I need name and create a file for every day automaticlly. If is Monday, the name of file will be Monday and save the data un this file.

How can I make it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,356 Views)

Hi rvenge,

The simplest way to get this automatically is to use the Get Date/Time String function with the date format input set to "long"- use the "date string" output, which will give you the day of the week etc.

Untitled.png

You can then construct a file name/path using this and the functions in the String and File I/O palettes.

Regards,

Tom L.
Message 2 of 5
(2,348 Views)

If you are using the Write to Spreadsheet File, then all you have to do is change the file name to write when the day changes.  You can get the day of the week with the Format Date/Time String function with a %a wired to the time format string.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 5
(2,346 Views)

Thanks!, I understand it. I can create a new file with "Open/Create/Replace File" but I don't know where conect the string to name the file.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,340 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rvenge

If you are using the Write to Spreadsheet File, you don't use the Open/Create File.  Use the Build Path to append the file name to the desired folder and wire the new path to the Write to Spreadsheet File VI.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,327 Views)