From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI USRP 2920 Bit sequence transmission

Hi everyone,

I am currently working on my final grade project using the USRP 2920.

I need to transmit a bit sequence and I am not able to find a solution. Let me explain:

The program that I am using (down below), transmits the bit sequence correctly, but does it repeatedly. I need the program to transmit the bits once and then stop the transmission. 

Is there any way to accomplish this?

Thank you in advance!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,643 Views)

You're executing the send in a while loop. So it executes until you press stop.

If you don't want that, you should either send the message once (e.g. if i=0, or use a shift register) and send 0's from there on, or simply stop the loop once it's send. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,599 Views)

Do you want this to happen automatically or do you want to have the user push a button to send this data? If you want to send it automatically then you need to have what ever condition will trigger this set to trigger the transmission. You need to keep track of this by using a shift register or something so you know it has been transmitted. Once you see the transition to true and the data is sent you need to reset the transmit to false and wait for another trigger condition.

If you can do this with a push button then I would use an event structure and a mouse up event to trigger the transmission.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,586 Views)

Any of those options would suit me, as long as the bit sequence is transmitted once.

I am new to Labview so I would thank if you provide me information about how I can do it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,571 Views)

I am fairly new to Labview, so I have very little knowledge. I took this example to start working on. 

How can I stop the loop so it does not transmit the bits repeatedly?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,568 Views)

Both of us did offer suggestions on how you can do this either way:

• Manual - Push button use an event structure.
  • Automatic - use a shift register and keep track of when the condition changes. Force it back to zero after the message is sent.

These a both pretty basic things to do. There are even examples if the help files built into LabVIEW. There is also online training that you can look through if the examples don't give you enough information.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,561 Views)

@Pdiazam wrote:

How can I stop the loop so it does not transmit the bits repeatedly?

Remove the loop, if you don't want to loop. Then the message will be send only once.

Aeastet is right, you could use some (free) courses.

Note that this test VI is probably just the beginning of your program. You need more knowledge to proceed and succeed.

• • Learn LabVIEW Basics
  • • Training for Students
  • • NI Learning Center
  • • Online Training (SSP Required)
  • • Find LabVIEW Courses
  • 0 Kudos
    Message 7 of 7
    (2,546 Views)