From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI USB 7845R SPI protocol

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

This is my first post, so please excuse my ignorance on any NI products and forum rules. I'm a university student and for my thesis project I want to use the NI USB 7845R with Kintex FPGA (http://www.ni.com/en-ca/support/model.usb-7845.html) in the lab to serve as an SPI master and send the baseband signal data I generated in MATLAB to my mixed-signal chip.

My chip has a Serial-In Parallel-Out (SIPO) register and an FSM that serves as a SPI controller. The SPI logic has been synthesized and tested using Verilog testbenches after place&route. In my testbench there, I wrote Verilog code that acted as an SPI master to verify correct data transmission. Now that I want to perform real-time chip characterization, I have to use the NI USB 7845R along with LabView to communicate with my chip. Thus, I was wondering, if NI provides some add-on for LabView that can implement the SPI protocol and configure the device accordingly.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,993 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TurboCostas
Message 2 of 2
(1,987 Views)