From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI USB-6210 analog output approximation

Solved!
Go to solution

Using Labview, I am currently trying to use a NI USB-6210 to output a signal that programs a Kepco BOP 50-2M power supply. Unfortunately, this NI device does not output analog voltage. Is there any way that I can use the digital or counter output on the NI device to make something that approximates an analog output? I need a way to get the power supply to incrementally increase it's output voltage in a predefined manner. I am only working with a couple of volts due to sensitive equipment, so precision is important.

I do not have access to the program at the moment so I do not know what version of Labview I am using, but I will be able to check in a few hours. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,956 Views)
No, you cannot use the digital output or counter directly. They output ttl level signals. The only thing you could do with the daq card is drive an external d/a.

You don't have anything other than an analog voltage control? No serial or gpib?
Message 2 of 4
(2,942 Views)

I guess you could output a delta-sigma modulated bitstream on the digital out and add an analog filter afterwards. It probably won't be that great, though.

(here is an example simulation from many years ago ;))

Similarly you could also do pwm.

Message 3 of 4
(2,938 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author David_R105

Its probably not worth the trouble to use that device in a method not intended.  Cheeper devices with Analog Outputs are available.

And don't forget the BIT 4886 card that can be purchased and hung on your supply  There are even Device Drivers for using either RS-232 or GPIB to control the supply

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 4 of 4
(2,937 Views)