LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-RIO Incompatable Bitfile

Solved!
Go to solution

I opened a new LabVIEw 2014 project and added an NI 9068 chassis in FPGA mode. When discovering C-Series modules, i get the following error:

NI-RIO:  The bitfile you are trying to use is incompatible with the version of NI-RIO installed on the target and/or host. Update the version of NI-RIO on the target and/or host to the same version (or later) used to compile the bitfile. Alternatively, recompile the bitfile with the same version of NI-RIO that is currently installed on the target and/or host.

I have verified that the chassis has NI-RIO 14.0.1 installed and my PC has NI-RIO 14.0.1 installed. I uninstalled all the software on the NI 9068, and reinstalled it with the current software installed on my PC with no luck. Also, i have attaced a screenshot of the installed software on my PC and on the cRIO. What am I missing?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,120 Views)

Hello jaymik

Is it just module discovery that fails? Can you try building a simple bitfile and seeing if that works?

Thanks,

Sebastian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,111 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jaymik

Hello jaymik,

One way that you could get into this state is if you recently upgraded to LabVIEW 2014 without also reinstalling the NI-RIO Device Drivers August 2014 f1 distribution (14.0.1). If you instead installed the 14.0.0 distribution, then your LabVIEW 2014 support files would be out of date. The bit file necessary to detect C-Series modules is in of the LabVIEW support component.

The easiest way to see what happened is if you send us a MAX technical report. See:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/271F252B4EF0A2E0862570E70056A1E4?OpenDocument

Alternately, you can try just downloading and installing the 14.0.1 distribution, which will fix the issue if my suspicion is correct:

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-rio-14.0.1/4862/en/

If installation order is the problem, then it's no longer necessary to run the test that Sebastian recommended.

Colden
Message 3 of 5
(3,078 Views)

See Colden's post

Kyle Hartley
Senior Embedded Software Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,069 Views)

I couldn't find the disc, but I did download from the link you posted, installed, and loaded the project without issues. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,005 Views)