cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

number control keep empty!

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have some number controls on my front panel. some time I need some of them keep empty, but there is "0" displayed in those controls even I delete the number. So how can I solve this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,084 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author song403

Hi,

I think you can't make numeric control empty. Rather you can try using String control. During the run time it will stay as empty until you type number in it.  Use the "Decimal string to number converter" to get it as a number. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,076 Views)

In addition to Vij@y's solution you may need good error handling because you cannot prevent the user from typing characters which will not be part of a numerical value.  The string control will give you the appearance you want but the price you pay is the extra work you do to qualify the output.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,019 Views)

You can programmatically change the text color to be the same as the background color. Use an event structure to change it back to visible on mouse over so new values van be entered.

This allows you to use a numeric control. A string controls makes it much more difficult to validate the input.

Message 4 of 4
(2,998 Views)