cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI MAX could not launch

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have installed LabView 2015 and when I try to open NI MAX, I get an error "NI MAX could not launch because  the required library mxrmcfg.dll failed to load" as attached picture. I've completely uninstalled LabView and re-installed, but I got the same error. Can someone please help me!?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 48
(15,149 Views)

Has LabVIEW and MAX ever worked on this machine?  It is not clear if something "broke" or "never worked in the first place".  

Have you installed any Device Drivers?

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 48
(15,093 Views)

Force reintall the NI MAX or

The issue may be NI MAX Corruption, try to reset the database. This may solve ur problem

AB
Kudos are Accepted
Message 3 of 48
(15,076 Views)
Hi Bob. In fact I don't know if it already worked. I have installed NI daqmx and then tried to open NI MAX and didn't work. Labview works properly.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 48
(15,060 Views)
AB, I'll try reset database
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 48
(15,058 Views)

I tried to reinstall MAX and reset database. Nothing works. NI MAX with the same error.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 48
(15,030 Views)

Maybe reinstall OS and check!!!

Thanks
uday
Message 7 of 48
(15,024 Views)

Hi

I've exactly the same problem. I also tried to :

1) Repair MAX

2) Force the reinstallation

3) Get the dll from another computer

Without success... 

I think reinstall the OS is a little bit excessive no ? I really appreciate if someone has another idea than buying a new PC ... 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 48
(15,017 Views)

Which OS did you have?

Have you tried running as ADMIN?

Not sure what causing this issue but could you please share screenshots and any other relevant material that will help to check the behavior?

Try this as well

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-12805

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 48
(15,013 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the answer...

My Os is Windows 7 Professional SP1 64bits.

I have exactly the same problem runing MAX as admin...

I also tried to replace the complete C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\MAX directory from a computer where MAX runs... i have the same result.

MAX Error.png

Finally i tryed the MAX Database Corruption Removal Tool and i get an error when the tool tries to delete the directory C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\MAX\Data.

max removal tool.png

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 48
(15,006 Views)