LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiplot XY graph won't save individual plot characteristics

I'm using a multiplot XY graph to display two sets of ordered pairs.  Under the XY graph properties, I set "Plot 0" to white and "Plot 1" to red filled to negative infinity.  This works fine while I still have the VI open.

However, when I close and reopen the VI, any changes I made to "Plot 1" are gone.  Is there any way that LabVIEW will save the XY graph properties for both plots?

I would like to have the second plot fill to negative infinity.  I'm using LabVIEW 8.2.1 and I have attached the VI and screenshots of before and after opening the file.

Thanks,
Joe
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,820 Views)
I tried your example, right clicked on the graph and selected the graph properties as you showed in your example. As long as I save the VI after I make that change, I can close the VI (even exit LabVIEW) and when I reload the VI, the graph properties are still set correctly.

It works correctly for me. Now I'm wondering what is different between my setup and yours. I can't think of any LabVIEW Options that would turn off saving of front panel settings.

Message 2 of 6
(3,799 Views)
I can get the "Port 0" properties to save, but not "Port 1."  Could you post a copy of the example after you saved please?  Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,763 Views)
Resize the Plot Legend to show the 2nd plot. This way, the properties of the second plot are also saved.

Message Edité par JB le 06-18-2007 02:47 PM

Message 4 of 6
(3,757 Views)
Thanks, that worked!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,740 Views)
Ah yes, JB. That would probably be it. I resized the plot legend to change the plot settings by right clicking there as well as by using the graph properties. So that would be the difference. Good catch.

Rob
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,724 Views)